Thursday, May 26, 2011

Women

I find women judgmental. I'm one of them. We're always assessing each other: she too fat, she's too skinny, she has a body like a boy, she's had a boob job, she's a big flirt, she's so full of herself, etc etc etc! It's sad because we are all such a wealth of information, compassion, tenderness and love. There's so much we could teach other if we weren't always in competition with each other. Once in a while you can feel the guard being let down. Once in a while you feel the openness, the acceptance, the love! I felt that tonight. I attend a class on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Thursdays is yoga night. There are women of all shapes and sizes, ages and backgrounds.It's not a hostile environment. We all live in the same small town and we are all kind to each other. There is a general feeling of friendship in the room with the undertones of  ......ummmmmmmm.........I'm not sure what the undertones are! But they are there.





 Tonight there was none of that. It was a strange energy that surrounded the whole room. I felt like everyone there was on the same wavelength. We were all putting out the same positive energy. I felt relaxed and calm. Like these people were all my sisters. I've never really felt that before and it felt good. It's sounds a little "out there" but when I came home; my husband asked how my class was. I usually answer "it was ok"! Tonight I replied " It was great. There was a really nice energy in the room. Does that sounds weird?" Of course, being the wonderful man he is, he says "no"! :) I'm not sure if it's my age? If 'it's me relaxing and not caring? If it was the recent finale show of Oprah and her powerful message? ;) I'm not sure what it was at all but it felt great!~Let's hope it sticks! I'm just sayin'!

2 comments:

  1. Oprah was amazing and inspiring. Loved that show. I think it is lighting up the blogosphere...I couldn't help but talk about her either:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed that! I didn't comment but I DID read it!

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!