Tuesday, October 26, 2010

my turn will come

I'm starting to reach the age where people's(I mean people my age) parents are dying. I suppose you can die at any age but I've definitely reached that AGE group.I have friends who lost their dad recently and now I have friends who are fighting a tough battle with cancer with their mother. The only grandparent I was ever close to was my mom's mom. I was named after her (Erin MARGARET)  and she died when I was 17.  I've since lost 2 Grandfathers but can't say I felt the true impact because I didn't know them well.Since being married to Brad we have lost all 4 of his grandparents. They lived a good and long life before leaving this world. While it was definitely a sad time, I felt mostly for those left behind that I loved;namely Brad. I remember when I was in high school in Medicine Hat, there were a few guys killed in a horrific car accident. I'm sure 3/4 of the school was there at their funeral. Their girlfriends and mothers sobbed, and then my other friends sobbed, and then so did I. It's hard not to, when there is so much grief around you.
I'm really dreading my  'turn'. I'm 40 and haven't really lost anyone close to me. Not that I want any practice in dealing with grief but the fact that I haven't had to face it that often in my life;scares me a little. I suppose I should just count myself lucky or blessed. yes......I suppose I should. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!