Monday, April 4, 2011

Just for me

When I opened my fb page today; the first thing right on top of the news feed was this quote..." Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to wrote for the public and have no self " ~ Cyril Connolly It was from a blog that I follow.(single Dad laughing) It really spoke to me! I've BEEN writing for the public,( or NOT writing) but not for MYSELF. That censor thing is hard to turn off. Sometimes I'm hard on myself and think that what I have to say is not all that interesting and so I don't write at all!


 The play I'm in is going very well. so well that we have decided (or rather ...the Director decided ;)) to add another show on Sunday afternoon! I'm really enjoying it. I've met so many wonderful people and have been getting to know others much better. It's also been great to share this experience with my husband. I love that we can show our children that it's ok to step outside your comfort zone and try new things. I've heard a few say that they really have been bitten by the acting bug and want to continue with it. I'm not so sure that's true for me. I love that I am involved with the play and there are not too many things that I dislike about the whole affair. BUT...I don't think it's my passion. I loved being in the choir and I think I would like to pursue that a little more. Maybe even take some voice lessons! It's always good to push yourself to be better, right. I do, however, like to be "involved" with  further productions. I would like to help out wherever I can. Ushering, painting, props, hair and make-up, costumes and set design. These things seem to pull at me, a little bit more than being ON the stage!

My wonderful husband just booked me tickets this morning to go to Toronto in May to visit my brothers and cousins! I am soooooo looking forward to it! It's been a long time since I've seen any of them!
well......that's about all I feel like writing about for now. Maybe more later....~ Not going to guarantee anything though! ;)

2 comments:

  1. Toronto in May, awesome!! that will be fantastic!
    Well I am really looking forward to seeing you on Thursday...Dad says you are great:)

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!