Monday, January 16, 2012

Party success

So much fun was had on Saturday that it's almost illegal, I'm sure. 23 women in one room, sharing and laughing, is a glorious event, I assure you. The gift exchange was, by far, my favorite thing of the night. All of us sitting in one room, around a large stack of beautifully wrapped presents, was like we were all sisters on Christmas morning. The excitement was in the air. Lots of ooh's and aah's as gifts were unwrapped; and then a few "hey! I wanted that!", as gifts were stolen, grabbed and taken back again and again. The laughter was so contagious.


There's one downfall to hosting such a party. I didn't get to spend quality time with many that I haven't seen in a long time. Don't get me wrong. I had a fabulous time. It just seemed to go so quickly and then I was wishing for more time. I'm going to have to make some time to visit with some who I didn't get to, at the party!


I also forgot to take a group picture!!!! Each year I've taken one and now I don't have one for the third year. I'm pretty bummed out about that!


The next day came early. I was the last one to bed at 5:30 a.m. Up again at 9:30 to enjoy a fabulous quiche (made by Makiko) and coffee! LOTS of coffee! As everyone started to make their way home, I made my way back to bed. I spent most of the day there, napping and watching tv. I'm getting older and those early mornings take their toll on me! Jake kept me company, though.


I'm anxious( I think) to see some pics from the party. I'm sure friends will be posting to fb soon. I didn't take a whole lot, that night. Too busy socializing, I guess! 

Now that that's over, I can focus on the next event. My hubby and I are headed to Vancouver in a couple of weeks for a weekend away. I'm looking forward to it and I don't need to plan anything! ;) I can't wait to visit the ocean. I know it has missed me, as much as I have missed it!


2 comments:

  1. Party was so much fun! Thanks for including the old lady too :P You are an incredibly gifted hostess and friend! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A PJ party - what a GREAT idea!!!

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!