Wednesday, July 13, 2016



So I blogged last night and then pressed publish and nothing happened. All my beautiful words that came to me in that moment are now gone. They weren't saved and they weren't posted. So here I am this morning trying to recreate. I was telling of my epiphany of how this is my blog and not every post needs to be lengthy, relevant or even coherent. It took me a long time to come to that little piece of golden wisdom, but I believe I have accepted it as true. 

Most days I feel like this kid in this picture. (It's an old pic of my middle child, btw) I feel like a small child in an adult world, doing adult things. I don't think I am mature enough to make huge decisions, live on my own, and get the garbage out to the alley on time, but I do. I do all of these things and I guess that means I am capable. I am a work in progress and I'm trying to figure things out just like everyone else. One thing I've realized is that writing helps with this process. It keeps me sane, restores balance, and gives me a feeling of accomplishment. Writing makes things real for me. Not having my feelings validated is a huge soul crusher and writing validates all that I know and feel, even if it's just me doing the validating. And so I write. I write to feel whole, I write to fill my soul, I write to feel like I'm leaving a mark and someone will know that I was here. Anyway,,,,, If you're here for the long haul, welcome. If you're here just to take a look and have a peek, that's ok too. The only thing I ask is to keep this space positive. If you have negativity to spread, keep that shit to yourself. However, if you have comments or questions that are genuine, please feel free to leave them. I always enjoy reading them. And I will always reply as soon as I can. Thanks for checking out my musings


No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!