Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Help

I went to see The Help.(finally). I read the book and was waiting to see the movie for a while. Not playing where  I needed it to play and not at the right times.Finally the stars aligned and off I went. It's a beautiful book and the movie definitely did it justice! I really appreciated the cinematography. You were always very close to everyone. You could feel the emotion on their faces. My friend (Bobbi ) was snotting up a storm beside me. Good thing I remembered the kleenex!!!!! It was definitely a tear jerker. It breaks my heart to think that some people are still so racist and unaccepting. It's a great movie and I plan on buying it when it comes out on DVD.
 It's making me ponder the bigger questions.  After watching a movie like The Help, and focussing on the bigger problems of the world, it sort of makes my problems seem selfish and shallow. Blogging about my trivial complaints seems petty compared to the real problems people are facing without their rights! Of course their reality is not my reality.(as my husband pointed out) We are all here on this earth to experience our own life and learn something from it. There's so much going on all at once. It boggles the mind really! And so, it has boggled mine for the night. I was going to write more but I think I'll leave it at that for now. I'll leave my thoughts for another day.They don't seem to belong on this one! If you haven't seen the movie yet......GO SEE IT! 



1 comment:

  1. bah hahaha you make snotting up a storm sound sexy!
    You cannot easily shake this movie...it sticks with you...not in a depressing way, I mean I cried as much for the good as I did for the bad. It strikes a chord deep inside, the injustice.

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!