Friday, September 2, 2011

Let Go, Let God

I have a friend.A GOOD friend! He paints his thumbnail all the time to remind himself, to not judge other people. (I know some of you know who I'm talking about).  I've really come to embrace that. I think that's why I want my tattoo. I want to remind myself on a daily basis that I'm not in control of it all and to just "let go"!( and I do need reminding) I have judged some people in the past. Sometimes for bad and sometimes for good. Sometimes I'm right and sometimes I'm wrong. Either way, I'm limiting myself. Because I have opened up and thrown away my misconceptions, I have made more friends. Unlikely friends whom I have really become close to. Friends who make my day full and happy. I'm enjoying them in a way I never thought they, or I, were capable of. It's important to change. It's important to grow. I feel I have, and I'm blessed with the people in my life for it. Thinking back to younger days......I had thoughts of who I wanted to be, and how I wanted to be perceived. Those were thoughts of a naive girl who hadn't experienced life enough, to know what she wanted. I still don't know. But I'm learning and accepting and open. That's what counts right now! This journey we're all on is amazing to me. Just when you think you have it all figured out ~ you don't! It keeps me on my toes.What are some preconceived notions that you can get rid of today????Think about it! There's a friend waiting for you to do just that!
The colour changes frequently but the message stays the same.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!