Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Getting my groove back

Been in a funk. Ain't gonna lie. Since the summer ended I felt like so many things were over and the doom was settling in. I LOVE summer!(check this out summertime.) The only thing on my mind was "getting out of Dodge!" I could focus on nothing else. It's still on  my mind. A LOT! But something has changed. I feel a sense of calm. I feel like things are working out the way they are supposed to. I have faith in the process again. The fog has lifted and I can see what's in front of me. I didn't get to this spot on my own, and to those who helped me get here,(you know who you are), I am grateful.



I spent the day with my BFF yesterday and it was just like old times. We laughed a lot and talked and talked. It was just what I needed. As she said in her card to me, "thank goodness for social media"! It keeps us closer on a daily basis, since she moved away. It's wonderful to still have her in my life. She also knows me well and gives great gifts.......(Thank you!)

It also didn't hurt that I happened to find a new dress for the staff Christmas party this weekend and a sweet pair of (cheap) boots! Made my MONTH!

Oh yes I DID!

I also got in a visit with my good friend Arlee. Coffee in the afternoon and a chance to hug a few of her kids (she has 6) was long overdue! She's wonderfully talented, and has her own blog (Small potatoes) where she writes about running a day home, the food she prepares(AWESOME), and the pictures she takes. Did I mention she's a photographer too??? YA! she does it all. So after finding some peppermint "stir sticks" for cocoa, I felt the need to return for a quick visit to give them to her; before heading home.

All the way home I played my music LOUD! Not sappy love songs, not Christmas songs; but heart thumping get me moving fast songs! It got the adrenaline flowing and somewhere along the way, my mood went from "whoa is me" to "WOW is me"! I feel revitalized today and have gotten my groove back just in time for Christmas!!! WOOT! Couldn't have asked for a better Christmas gift. I'm sure my family will agree! ;P

So enough on the computer for a while. i have things to do, places to go and people to see! Life is short people! Don't wait for things to happen. MAKE them happen! Ciao for now!



3 comments:

  1. WOW is you, indeed!!! Can hardly wait for the party on Saturday!! Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I miss this!?! What a fun post:) It was a great time...made me miss you more!

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!