Thursday, May 12, 2011

Think the OTHER way today

For the past few years I have been trying to lose weight. Health reasons are high on the list but, let's face it; we all want to look good and turn heads.  I criticize myself every day for not eating right, not exercising enough, not cleaning my face before bed, not wearing my socks to preserve my pedicure etc etc etc..... We all do it. Some more than others. I have friends,from whom I have never heard a gracious word about themselves!!!! Well not today.I'm changing the way I view myself .(even if it's only for today) I was reading a blog I follow called Express-O. She pushes the same task. What is your favorite body part? Basically....Focus on the GOOD! What do you love about yourself. As women it's a hard thing for us to do. In our efforts to be the perfect us; we forget that we ARE perfect, as is!It's ok to strive for better,but don't forget to appreciate what you have!!! What is your favorite thing about YOU?????We all have things that we are GOOD at.We all have things we love to DO! But our body image is always a thing in progress. Look deep inside and tell me what physical part of you is your fave!

7 comments:

  1. Totally agree with you, Erin. I am very critical of myself, a big part of it is because I grew up hearing my mom tell me that I am fat constantly. This really bites. and I can see how that has affected how I see myself. I found several birthday cards my friends gave me last year and each of them has written what they liked about me. I read them over again and cried. I want to see myself like others see me. It's a daily struggle. but since you asked, I like my eyes. There, I said it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, I LOVE the new look of your blog! So bright and colourful!!! Woot! Second, I love this post! Third, I would have to go with legs. I like my legs. Fourth, you have neglected to tell us what YOU like about yourself!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your eyes too Makiko! You have great legs, Arlee but I envy your arms! About myself....I love my hair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh this is a hard one...I am pretty rough on myself at the best of times. I like my eyes and my feet.
    ...and yes - you have amazing hair! And a very warm friendly face...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This really hits home for me Erin, I do the same thing, get down on myself for eating too much and not exercising enough, if only I knew how to do my hair yada yada yada! Thanks for reminding me how important it is to be kind to ourselves! I like my eyes and always thought I had cute feet! And YES you do have great hair! Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the song my friend! Very fitting!! whoot!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh...my favourite thing about my body??
    hmmm...
    I have great hair!
    and my toned arms :)

    LOVE you!

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!